Sunday, January 12, 2014

Human Resources and Equal Opportunity Management

Human Resources and Equal Opportunity Management

1. I have managed companies and business units, where I always considered human resources as the most important asset.

2. I have preached and practiced the need for attention of the manager or executive to hire the best in class in the talent pool.

3. The human resources effort begins when very clearly defining the roles and responsibilities of the position to be filled. Clarity is vital, rather than generality of position description.

4. Diverse backgrounds, professionally and always with affirmative action in mind, is good for a healthy organization.

5. Another way to approach to realize that creativity in an organization is in diversity of skills.

6. Women have a special sixth sense that all men may not possess, as my mother always preached me growing up. I make sure that the organization has a very healthy mix of women and minority.

7. For example, while an executive in AT&T, I managed many exempt and non-exempt employees and professionals. We had a formal grievance procedure, and appellate committee and board. I astutely followed genuine concerns to all grievances, ensuring resolution that all employees worked harmoniously. We had quarterly and annual affirmative action programs conducted by outside experts, with additional follow up of principles learned and reinforced.


8. My commitment to employee and professional happy work-life balance has enabled me to realize improved productivity of organizations led and managed by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment