Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Creating & Nurturing Community Service Volunteer Organizations

Creating & Nurturing

Community Service Volunteer Organizations


1. I am a reputed public speaker and shared the stage with Who's Who in USA and different parts of the globe.

2. I am also an expert on community communications and relations, corporate communications, public relations, crisis communications and media relations. I have lectured on these topics around to other experts in communication and community outreach.

3. I have built few community service organizations to include: child education in poor neighborhoods, early stage child education and tutoring.

4. I was a very successful tutor helping kids with severe learning disabilities.

5. I have built few ethnic group associations in New Jersey and volunteered as a committee member in other similar associations in California.

My Passion for Building Volunteer Organizations


1. In India, in my early 20s I created a volunteer group for education of kids in the slums. 

2. While my motivating and up beat personality enabled me to attract a lot of volunteers, I learned very quickly that all volunteers may not have the same level of commitment, time, aptitude and personality.

3. I had to not only help the kids in need, I ended up volunteer training workshops, some formal and others informal.

4. I also created volunteer circles, designed and crafted for mutual support, by carefully picking members of the circles, and routinely monitoring the progress.

5. Even the kids and their parents are all different. 

6. The educational, financial and motivational backgrounds of the parents are different.

7. I created mutual help and sharing circles, very carefully crafted, between the parents.

8. The most important key in crafting, managing and monitoring the volunteer circles and parents' circles is to make everyone feel that they are bringing in values to the circles, while derive values from others, through sharing and caring.

How to Create and Nurture Volunteer Groups

1. In our case, we had volunteers, as every one was a volunteer.

2. Some volunteers may join only to be onlookers, while others work seriously hands on.

3. Some volunteers could turn out to be even disruptive to the cause and process.

4. I evaluated seriousness of the intent and purpose first and carefully coached / mentored them offline.

5. Some volunteers were let go, if their personality was very disruptive, with no willingness to mend themselves.

My Management Style in Volunteer Organizations


1. I am highly qualified, yet believe in humility.

2. My experience in creating and managing the team from a friendly mentor style has helped me all my life.

My Track Record of Success in Managing Volunteer Organizations


1. Passionate, committed and available almost 24X7 to the team is how my volunteer teams and employees in companies perceived me.

2. Many employees and volunteers in my teams expressly stated their happiness working with me.

Funding for Volunteer Organization


1. Firstly, I have always studied all aspects of the conditions of funding agency, reporting and results.

2. I ensure that the funding agency validated all processes, so that we have a mutual buy in.

No comments:

Post a Comment